Place:


Tilstone Fearnall  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tilstone Fearnall like this:

TILSTON-FEARNALL, a township and a chapelry in Bunbury parish, Cheshire. The township lies 1 mile N E of Beeston r. station, and 2 SSE of Tarporley. Acres, 864. Real property, £1,529. Pop., 173. Houses, 32. The manor belongs to J. Tollemache, Esq. T. Lodge is the residence of P. Heywood, Esq. The chapelry was constituted in 1837. Post town, Tarporley. Pop., 1,407. Houses, 262. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £100.* Patron, J. Tollemache, Esq. The church was built in 1836. There is a national school.

Tilstone Fearnall through time

Tilstone Fearnall is now part of Crewe and Nantwich district. Click here for graphs and data of how Crewe and Nantwich has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tilstone Fearnall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tilstone Fearnall, in Crewe and Nantwich and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2162

Date accessed: 25th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Tilstone Fearnall".