Place:


Reddall Hill  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Reddall Hill like this:

REDDAL-HILL, a chapelry in Rowley-Regis parish, Stafford; adjacent to Worcestershire, 2½ miles E by S of Brierley-Hill r. station, and 2½ S by E of Dudley. It was constituted in 1844; and its post town is Dudley. Rated property, about £16,000. Pop. in 1861, 10, 349. Houses, 1, 907. ...


The property is much subdivided. The inhabitants are chiefly miners, nailers, and chain-makers. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £300. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church was built in 1847, and is in the early English style. There are several dissenting chapels and an endowed school.

Reddall Hill through time

Reddall Hill is now part of Sandwell district. Click here for graphs and data of how Sandwell has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Reddall Hill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Reddall Hill, in Sandwell and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21602

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Reddall Hill ".