Place:


Mold Green  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mold Green like this:

MOLD-GREEN, or MOULD-GREEN, a hamlet and a chapelry in Kirkheaton parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The hamlet is in Dalton township; forms a populous suburb of Huddersfield, on its NE side; has a post office.† under Huddersfield; is controlled by a local board of health, established in 1858; has gas-works and extensive chemical works; and carries on cotton-spinning, doubling, and bleaching, and the manufacture of fancy woollens, dresses, and other fabrics. ...


The chapelry was constituted in 1863. Pop., about 3,600. The living is a p. cnracy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £66. Patron, the Rector of Kirkheaton. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Mold Green through time

Mold Green is now part of Kirklees district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kirklees has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mold Green itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mold Green, in Kirklees and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21545

Date accessed: 29th May 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Mold Green".