Place:


Milnsbridge  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Milnsbridge like this:

MILNSBRIDGE, a chapelry partly in Longwood township, chiefly in Linthwaite township, Almondbury parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the Huddersfield, Sheffield and Holmfirth railway, in the southern vicinity of Huddersfield. It was constituted in 1846; and its Post town is Huddersfield. The acreage is returned with the parish. ...


Rated property, £7,667. Pop., 2,903. Houses, 631. The property is divided among a few. The living isis a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £150.* Patron, the Vicar of Almondbury. The church has a bell turret. There are a Baptist chapel, a mechanics' institution, and a national school.

Milnsbridge through time

Milnsbridge is now part of Kirklees district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kirklees has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Milnsbridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Milnsbridge, in Kirklees and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21543

Date accessed: 20th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Milnsbridge".