Place:


Lathbury  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lathbury like this:

LATHBURY, a parish, with a village, in Newport-Pagnell district, Bucks; on the river Ouse and the Linford canal, ¾ of a mile N of Newport-Pagnell, and 5 NE by E of Wolverton r. station. Post-town, Newport-Pagnell. Acres, 1,294. Real property, £2,472. Pop., 147. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged once to Chelsum, the writer against Gibbon; and belongs now to Viscountess Hood. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £68.* Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church has Norman arches, and is good.

Lathbury through time

Lathbury is now part of Milton Keynes district. Click here for graphs and data of how Milton Keynes has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lathbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lathbury, in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2152

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lathbury ".