Framilode  Gloucestershire


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Framilode like this:

FRAMILODE, a village in Saul parish, and a chapelry in Saul, Arlingham, Eastington, Fretherne, Moreton-Valence, Standish, and Wheatenhurst parishes, Gloucester. The village stands at the influx of the river Frome or Stroudwater to the Severn, near the Gloucester and Hereford Junction railway, 4¼ miles NW by W of Stone-house r. ...

station, and 8 SW of Gloucester. The chapelry was constitued in 1855; and its post town is Whitminster, under Stonehouse. Pop., 635. Houses, 140. Pop. of the part in Saul parish, 248. Houses, 57. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £78.* Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church was built in 1854. There is a national school.

Framilode through time

Framilode is now part of Stroud district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stroud has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Framilode itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Framilode, in Stroud and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 18th January 2022

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Framilode ".