Place:


Cadzow  Lanarkshire

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Cadzow like this:

Cadzow, quoad sacra par. and vil., Hamilton par., NW. Lanarkshire, on Cadzow Water, 1½ mile SE. of Hamilton -- q.s. par., pop. 7163; vil., pop. 675. In vicinity of vil., on river Avon, are the ruins of Cadzow Castle, the original baronial residence of the Hamilton family; and Cadzow Forest, with its ancient oaks, the remains of the Caledonian Forest, and its famous breed of Scottish wild white cattle.

Cadzow through time

Cadzow is now part of South Lanarkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lanarkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cadzow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cadzow in South Lanarkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21357

Date accessed: 25th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cadzow ".