Place:


Woolhampton  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woolhampton like this:

WOOLHAMPTON, a parish, with a village, in Newbury district, Berks; on the Reading and Newbury railway, 7 miles E of Newbury. It has a post-office under Newbury, and a r. station. Acres, 694. Real property, £2,430. Pop., 559. Houses, 101. W. house is the seat of J. Blyth, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £202.* Patron, James Blyth, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1861. There are Independent and Roman Catholic chapels, and charities £68.

Woolhampton through time

Woolhampton is now part of West Berkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Berkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woolhampton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woolhampton in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2134

Date accessed: 01st August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woolhampton ".