Place:


Lerrin  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lerrin like this:

LERRIN, a rivulet, a village, and a sub-district, in Cornwall. The rivulet rises near Broadoak, and runs about 6 miles, sonth-south-westward, to the Fowey near Penwick. The village stands 3 miles ESE of Lostwithiel; and has a post office under Lostwithiel, and fairs on 7 March and 25 April.—The sub-district is in Liskeard district; and contains the parishes of Broadoak, Boconnoc, Lanreath, St. Veep, Lanteglos-by-Fowey, and Lansallos. Acres, 19,699. Pop., 3,804. Houses, 816.

Lerrin through time

Lerrin is now part of Caradon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Caradon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lerrin itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lerrin, in Caradon and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21234

Date accessed: 23rd January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lerrin ".