Place:


Kelsall  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kelsall like this:

KELSALL, a village and a township-chapelry in Tarvin parish, Cheshire. The village stands at the W border of Delamere forest, 2 miles ENE of Tarvin, and 5¼ NE of Waverton r. station; and has a post office under Chester. The chapelry comprises 1, 223 acres. Real property, £3, 139. Pop., 542. Houses, 120. The manor belongs to Lord Binning. There is a chalybeate spring. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Tarvin, in the diocese of Chester. The original church was built in 1844; and another in 1868. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Kelsall through time

Kelsall is now part of Chester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kelsall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kelsall, in Chester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2122

Date accessed: 23rd January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kelsall ".