Place:


West Worlington  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Worlington like this:

WORLINGTON (West), a parish in South Molton district, Devon; 4¾ miles NE of Lapford r. station, and 5½ E of Chulmleigh. Post town, Morchard-Bishop, North Devon. Acres, 2,683. Real property, £1,303. Pop., 193. Houses, 36. The manor belongs to Sir G. S. Stuckley, Bart. Remains exist of an ancient castle of the Affetons. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £160.* Patron, Sir G. S. Stuckley, Bart. The church is good, and there is a national school.

West Worlington through time

West Worlington is now part of North Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Worlington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Worlington in North Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21173

Date accessed: 06th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Worlington ".