Place:


Henbury  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Henbury like this:

HENBURY, a township and a chapelry in Prestbury parish, Cheshire. The township lies 2 miles W of Macclesfield r. station; includes the hamlet of Pexhall; and bears the name of Henbury-with-Pexhall. Acres, 1, 400. Real property, £4, 067. Pop., 445. Houses, 93. The manor, with Henbury Hall, belongs to E. ...


Marsland, Esq.—The chapelry extends beyond the township, includes part of the borough of Macclesfield, and was constituted in 1845. Post town, Macclesfield. Pop., 1, 015. Houses, 231. The living is a p. curacy in.the diocese of Chester. Value, £160.* Patron, the Bishop of Chester. The church was built in 1845; is in the early English style; and has a lofty spire. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and an endowed national school, with £20 a year.

Henbury through time

Henbury is now part of Macclesfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Macclesfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Henbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Henbury, in Macclesfield and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2117

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Henbury ".