Place:


Abbotstone  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Abbotstone like this:

ABBOTSTON, a hamlet and a parish in Alresford district, Hants. The hamlet lies 2½ miles NW of Alresford, and 7 ESE of Micheldever r. station. The parish is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Itchin-Stoke, in the diocese of Winchester. It contains a ruined church, and part of an old mansion of the Paulets. See Itchin Stoke.

Abbotstone through time

Abbotstone is now part of Winchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Winchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Abbotstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Abbotstone, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21154

Date accessed: 18th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Abbotstone".