Place:


Tulse Hill  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tulse Hill like this:

TULSE-HILL, a chapelry in Lambeth and Streatham parishes, Surrey; ¾ of a mile W of Dulwich r. station. It was constituted in 1856; and it has a post-office under London S. Pop., 2,334. Houses, 370. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, not reported.* Patron, J. Cressingham, Esq. Schools, for at least 400 children, were built in 1862.

Tulse Hill through time

Tulse Hill is now part of Lambeth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lambeth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tulse Hill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tulse Hill, in Lambeth and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21120

Date accessed: 21st April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Tulse Hill".