Place:


Tilford  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tilford like this:

TILFORD, a chapelry in Farnham parish, Surrey; on the river Wey, 2¾ miles SE of Farnham r. station. It has a post-office under Farnham. Pop., 450. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £250.* Patron, the Archdeacon of Surrey.

Tilford through time

Tilford is now part of Waverley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waverley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tilford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tilford, in Waverley and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21113

Date accessed: 09th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tilford ".