Place:


Moreton  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Moreton like this:

MORETON, a hundred in Berks; bounded, on the E, by the river Thames, which separates it from Oxfordshire; and containing Ashampstead parish, N and S Moreton parishes, ten other parishes, and parts of two others. Acres, 2,264. Pop. in 1851,5,941; in 1861, 6,487. Houses, 1,419.

Moreton through time

Moreton is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Moreton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Moreton, in South Oxfordshire and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21014

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Moreton ".