Place:


Barkham  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barkham like this:

BARKHAM, a parish in Wokingham district, Berks; on a small affluent of the Thames, 2½ miles SW of Wokingham r. station. Post Town, Wokingham. Acres, 1,358. Real property, £1,846. Pop., 280. Houses, 55. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £350. Patron, Rev. A. Roberts. The church was rebuilt in 1862.

Barkham through time

Barkham is now part of Wokingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wokingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barkham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barkham, in Wokingham and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2098

Date accessed: 18th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barkham ".