Place:


Holdshott  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Holdshott like this:

HOLDSHOTT, a tything and a hundred in Hants. The tything lies 5½ miles NNW of Odiham, and is in Heckfield parish. The hundred lies adjacent to Berks, and is cut into lower half and upper half. The l. h. is in Basingstoke division, and contains Hartley-Westpall parish, four other parishes, and parts of two others. Acres, 11, 952. Pop., 2, 632. Houses, 533. The u. h. is in Odiham division, and contains Heckfield parish, and part of Eversley. Acres, 10, 921. Pop., 2, 086. Houses, 425.

Holdshott through time

Holdshott is now part of Hart district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hart has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Holdshott itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Holdshott, in Hart and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20951

Date accessed: 01st April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Holdshott ".