Place:


Farndish  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farndish like this:

FARNDISH, a parish in the district of Wellingborough and county of Bedford; contiguous to Northamptonshire, 1¾ mile S by W of Irchester r. station, and 4 SSW of Higham-Ferrers. Post town, Irchester, under Wellingborough. Acres, 810. Real property, £1, 180. Pop., 67. Houses, 17. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £195. Patron,M. Chester, Esq. The church is good.

Farndish through time

Farndish is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Farndish itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farndish, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20914

Date accessed: 28th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Farndish ".