Place:


Pastrow  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pastrow like this:

PASTROW, a hundred in the N W of Hants; cut intotwo sections, lower and upper. The lower section is in Kingsclere division; and contains Coombe parish, and three other parishes. Acres, 7, 305. Pop. in 1851, 700. Houses, 127. The upper section is in Andover division; and contains Linkenholt parish, and three other parishes. Acres, 11, 157. Pop. in 1851, 1, 979. Houses, 389.

Pastrow through time

Pastrow is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pastrow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pastrow, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20859

Date accessed: 19th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Pastrow".