Place:


Ivychurch  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ivychurch like this:

IVY-CHURCH, or IVECHURCH, a parish in RomneyMarsh district, Kent; 3 miles NW of New Romney, and 3½ ESE of Appledore r. station. Post town, New Romney, under Folkestone. Acres, 4, 542. Real property, £12, 515. Pop., 273. Houses, 50. The land is chiefly pasture. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £450.* Patron, the Archbishop of Canterbury. The church consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with embattled tower.

Ivychurch through time

Ivychurch is now part of Shepway district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shepway has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ivychurch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ivychurch, in Shepway and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2080

Date accessed: 18th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ivychurch".