Place:


Barlinchway  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barlinchway like this:

BARLICHWAY, a hundred in Warwickshire; bounded on the W by Worcester, on the S by Gloucester, and on the central E by the river Avon. It contains 36 parishes or chapelries; and is cut into the four divisions of Alcester, Henley, Snitterfield, and Stratford. Acres, 110,679. Pop. in 1851, 28,448; in 1861, 25,604. Houses, 5,623.

Barlinchway through time

Barlinchway is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barlinchway itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barlinchway, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20793

Date accessed: 21st June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Barlinchway".