Place:


Halfshire  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Halfshire like this:

HALFSHIRE, a hundred in Worcester, forming the northern part of the county, lying contiguous to Salop, Stafford, and Warwick, and cut into two divisions, lower and upper. The l. div. contains Belbroughton parish, uine other parishes, and parts of five others. Acres, 45, 575. Pop. in 1851, 74, 425. Houses, 14, 351. The u. div. contains Bromsgrove parish, thirteen other parishes, and parts of four others. Acres, 84, 555. Pop. in 1851, 54, 122. Houses, 10, 660. Pop. of both divisions in 1861, 157, 244. Houses, 31, 539.

Halfshire through time

Halfshire is now part of Bromsgrove district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bromsgrove has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Halfshire itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Halfshire, in Bromsgrove and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20771

Date accessed: 23rd June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Halfshire".