Place:


Godley  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Godley like this:

GODLEY, a hundred in the NW of Surrey; separated by the Thames from Bucks and Middlesex; and cut into two divisions, first and second. The first div. contains Bisley parish, four other parishes, and part of another. Acres, 26, 817. Pop. in 1851, 6, 015. Houses, . 1, 208. The second div. contains Chertsey parish and two other parishes. Acres, 19, 159. Pop. in 1851, 11, 062. Houses, 2, 134. Pop. of both divisions in 1861, 19, 038. Houses, 3, 720.

Godley through time

Godley is now part of Surrey Heath district. Click here for graphs and data of how Surrey Heath has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Godley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Godley in Surrey Heath | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20763

Date accessed: 08th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Godley ".