Place:


Catshill  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Catshill like this:

CATSHILL, a chapelry in Bromsgrove parish, Worcester; 2½ miles from Bromsgrove r. station. It was constituted in 1844; and has a post office under Bromsgrove. Pop., 2,393. Houses, 509. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £120. Patron, the Vicar of Bromsgrove. The church was built in 1838. There are four dissenting chapels.

Catshill through time

Catshill is now part of Bromsgrove district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bromsgrove has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Catshill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Catshill, in Bromsgrove and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20700

Date accessed: 26th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Catshill ".