Place:


Bucknall  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bucknall like this:

BUCKNALL, two townships and a parochial chapelry in Stoke-upon-Trent parish, Stafford. The townships are Bucknall and Bucknall-Eaves. Bucknall lies on the Biddulph branch of the North Staffordshire railway, 2 miles NE of Stoke-upon-Trent; has a r. station; and includes the hamlet of Ubberley. Pop., 1,498, Houses, 283. ...


Bucknall-Eaves lies about a mile further NE. Pop., 248. Houses, 50. The parochial chapelry bears the name of Bucknall-cum-Bagnall; includes also the township of Bagnall; and was constituted in 1807. Post Town, Hanley, under Stoke-upon-Trent. Real property, £8,621; of which £4,385 are in mines. Pop., 2,170. Houses, 408. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Bagnall, in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £200. Patron, the Rev. E. Powys. The church is good.

Bucknall through time

Bucknall is now part of Stoke on Trent district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stoke on Trent has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bucknall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bucknall, in Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20693

Date accessed: 10th April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bucknall ".