Place:


Morleston and Litchurch  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Morleston and Litchurch like this:

MORLESTON AND LITCHURCH, a hundred in Derby; bounded, on the N, by Scarsdale,-on the E, by the river Erewash, separating it from Notts,-on the S, by the river Trent, and by Repton and Gresley,-on the W, by Appletree; and containing Allestree parish, twenty-two other parishes, and parts of eight other parishes. Acres, 78,051. Pop. in 1851,45,639; in 1861, 57,563. Houses, 11,946.

Morleston and Litchurch through time

Morleston and Litchurch is now part of Derby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Derby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Morleston and Litchurch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Morleston and Litchurch, in Derby and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20592

Date accessed: 28th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Morleston and Litchurch ".