Place:


Llandyfaelog  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandyfaelog like this:

LLANDEFEILOG, or LLANDYVEILOG, a village and a parish in the district and county of Carmarthen. The village stands between the rivers Gwendraethfach and Towy, near the South Wales railway, 3 miles NE of Ferryside r. station, and 5½ S of Carmarthen; and has a post office under Kidwelly.—The parish contains the l hamlets of Cilmarch, Ishcoed, Cloygin, Cydplwydd, Iddole, Moelfre, and Scybor-fawr; and the last includes Llandefeilog village. ...


Acres, 7,320. Rated property, £5,263. Pop., 1,247. Houses, 240. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the dio cese of St. David's. Value, £68. Patron, Miss Bull. Charities, £4.

Llandyfaelog through time

Llandyfaelog is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llandyfaelog itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandyfaelog in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2041

Date accessed: 14th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llandyfaelog".