Place:


Gunnislake  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gunnislake like this:

GUNNISLAKE, a village on the W border of Devon; 4 miles S of Tavistock. It has a post office under Tavistock; and is chiefly inhabited by miners. The tin mine of Drakewalls, where wolfram is separated from tin ore, and where a lode lies open to the day, is above the village.

Gunnislake through time

Gunnislake is now part of Caradon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Caradon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Gunnislake itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gunnislake, in Caradon and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20298

Date accessed: 23rd September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gunnislake ".