Place:


Fordley  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fordley like this:

FORDLEY, a quondam parish in Blything district, Suffolk; on the river Badingham, near the East Suffolk railway, 3¾ miles NE of Saxmundham. It is now incorporated with Middleton; but the living of it still ranks as a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Middleton, in the diocese of Norwich. Its church stood in the same yard as the church of Middleton.

Fordley through time

Fordley is now part of Suffolk Coastal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Suffolk Coastal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fordley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fordley in Suffolk Coastal | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20280

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fordley ".