Place:


Bonnybridge  Stirlingshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Bonnybridge like this:

Bonnybridge, a village partly in Denny but mostly in Falkirk parish, Stirlingshire, on Bonny Water and the Forth and Clyde Canal, ¾ mile N of the Edinburgh and Glasgow section of the North British railway, and 4 miles W of Falkirk. It has a station on the railway, a post office, with money order and savings' bank departments, a literary hall, a paper-mill, a saw-mill, 2iron-foundries, and a public school, which, with accommodation for 300 children, had (1879) an average attendance of 267, and a grant of £254,14s. 6d. Pop. (1871) 731,

Bonnybridge through time

Bonnybridge is now part of Falkirk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Falkirk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bonnybridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bonnybridge, in Falkirk and Stirlingshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20190

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bonnybridge ".