Place:


Hubberston  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hubberston like this:

HUBBERSTON, a village and a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke. The village stands on a creek of Milford Haven, 1 mile W of Milford r. station; and carries on some trade in the export of corn, limestone, and coal.—The parish is partly within Milford borough; and it comprises 1, 270 acres of land, and 610 of water. ...


Post town, Milford Haven. Real property, £3, 963; of which £235 are in gas works. Pop. in 1851, 1, 040; in 1861, 1, 270. Houses. 242. Pop. of the part within Milford borough, 836. Houses, 162. An observatory, and the remains of Pill priory are a little E of the village. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £130.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church has some old stalls, and was recently in disrepair. Charities, £8

Hubberston through time

Hubberston is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hubberston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hubberston in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2014

Date accessed: 18th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hubberston ".