Place:


Tinwell  Rutland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tinwell like this:

TINWELL, a parish in the district of Stamford and county of Rutland; 1¾ mile W by S of Stamford r. station. Post town, Stamford. Acres, 1,651. Real property, £3,164. Pop., 235. Houses, 49. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £303.* Patron, the Marquis of Exeter. The church is Norman. There is an endowed school.

Tinwell through time

Tinwell is now part of Rutland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rutland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tinwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tinwell in Rutland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1993

Date accessed: 24th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Tinwell".