Place:


Eastwick  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eastwick like this:

EASTWICK, a village and a parish in Ware district, Herts. The village stands on the river Stort, at the verge of the county, adjacent to the Eastern Counties railway, near Burnt Mill r. station, and 5½ miles ESE of Ware; is a seat of petty sessions; was once a market-town; and has a post office under Harlow. ...


The parish comprises 810 acres. Real property, £1, 486. Pop., 116. Houses, 23. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to R. P. Ward, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Valne, £210.* Patron, R. P. Ward, Esq. The church is Norman; has a brass of 1564, and monuments of the Wards; and is good. Charities, £6.

Eastwick through time

Eastwick is now part of East Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eastwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eastwick in East Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1984

Date accessed: 01st December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eastwick ".