Place:


Warlingham  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Warlingham like this:

WARLINGHAM, a parish, with a village, in Godstone district, Surrey; adjacent to the Caterham railway, 4¾ miles SSE of Croydon. It has a post-office under Croydon, and a r. station. Acres, 1,777. Real property, £2,330. Pop., 602. Houses, 118. The manor belongs to Captain A. D. Wigsell. The living is a vicarage, united with Chelsham, in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £471.* Patron, Capt. A. D. Wigsell. The church is early English and good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £270.

Warlingham through time

Warlingham is now part of Tandridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tandridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Warlingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Warlingham, in Tandridge and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1971

Date accessed: 27th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Warlingham ".