Place:


Tetcott  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tetcott like this:

TETCOTT, a parish in Holsworthy district, Devon; on the river Tamar, 8 miles N of Launceston r. station. Post town, Holsworthy, North Devon. Acres, 2,181. Real property, £1,248. Pop., 289. Houses, 59. The manor belongs to the representatives of the late Sir W. Molesworth. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £147.* Patrons, the Representatives of the late Sir W. Molesworth. The church is ancient, and the chancel has been restored. There are a national school, and charities £5.

Tetcott through time

Tetcott is now part of Torridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Torridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tetcott itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tetcott, in Torridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1954

Date accessed: 30th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tetcott ".