Place:


Ganarew  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ganarew like this:

GANAREW, a parish in the district of Monmouth and county of Hereford; on the verge of the county, under Doward Hills, near the river Wye, 3 miles NNE of Monmouth r. station. Post town, Monmouth. Acres, 835. Real property, not separately returned. Pop., 116. Houses, 32. The property is divided among a few. Sellersbrook is the seat of Mrs. Marriott. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £110. Patron, Mrs. Marriott. The church is recent; and consists of nave and chancel, with a small tower.

Ganarew through time

Ganarew is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ganarew itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ganarew in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1953

Date accessed: 25th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ganarew".