Place:


Dinedor  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dinedor like this:

DINEDOR, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; on the Monmouth and Hereford railway. adjacent to the river Wye, 2½ miles SE by S of Hereford. Post town, Hereford. Acres, 1, 678. Real property, £3, 292. Pop., 270. Houses, 56. The property is all in one estate. Dinedor Hill is crowned by a Roman camp, supposed to be that of Ostorius Scapula; and commands a lovely view. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £315. Patron, Worcester College, Oxford. The church is good.

Dinedor through time

Dinedor is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dinedor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dinedor in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1947

Date accessed: 08th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dinedor ".