Place:


Bolstone  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bolstone like this:

BOULSTONE, or Bolstone, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; adjacent to the Monmouth and Hereford railway, and to the river Wye, 1¼ mile S by W of Holme Lacy r. station, and 5½ SSE of Hereford. Post Town, Holme-Lacy, under Hereford. Acres, 657. Real property, £812. Pop., 61. Houses, 13. The property is not much divided. The manor belongs to Sir E. F. Stanhope, Bart. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Holme-Lacy, in the diocese of Hereford. The church has a square tower, and is good.

Bolstone through time

Bolstone is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bolstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bolstone in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1934

Date accessed: 07th March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bolstone ".