Place:


Much Birch  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Much Birch like this:

BIRCH (Much or Great), a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 3 miles SE of Tram-Inn r. station, and 6½ S of Hereford. It has a post office, of the name of Birch, under Ross. Acres, 1,287. Real property, £2,221. Pop., 496. Houses, 108. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £106. Patron, T. G. Symons, Esq. The church is very good. Charities, £7.

Much Birch through time

Much Birch is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Much Birch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Much Birch in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1933

Date accessed: 01st March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Much Birch ".