Place:


East Putford  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Putford like this:

PUTFORD (East), a parish in Bideford district, Devon: on the river Torridge, 9 miles S W of Bideford r.station. Post-town, Torrington, North Devon. Acres, 2, 380. Real property, £1,034. Pop., 190. Houses, 34. The property is divided chiefly among three. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Buckland-Brewer, in the diocese of Exeter. The church isold but good.

East Putford through time

East Putford is now part of Torridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Torridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Putford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Putford, in Torridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1921

Date accessed: 17th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Putford ".