Place:


East Worlington  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Worlington like this:

WORLINGTON (East), a parish in South Molton district, Devon; 5 miles NE of Lapford r. station, and 6 E of Chulmleigh. Post town, Morchard-Bishop, North Devon. Acres, 2,363. Real property, £1,561. Pop., 284. Houses, 51. The property is subdivided. Roman coins and urns have been found; and remains exist of a curious ancient cross. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £248.* Patron, the Earl of Portsmouth. The church is ancient but good. There are a Bible Christian chapel and a national school.

East Worlington through time

East Worlington is now part of North Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Worlington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Worlington in North Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1900

Date accessed: 27th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Worlington ".