Place:


Moreton Jeffreys  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Moreton Jeffreys like this:

MORETON-JEFFRIES, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; 4¾ miles N of Stoke-Edith r. station, and 5½ SW of Bromyard. Post town, Hereford. Acres, 703. Real property, £524. Pop., 41. Houses, 6. The property is all in one estate. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £50. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church has a small tower, and contains monuments of the Westwoods.

Moreton Jeffreys through time

Moreton Jeffreys is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Moreton Jeffreys itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Moreton Jeffreys in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1892

Date accessed: 17th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Moreton Jeffreys ".