Place:


Turnastone  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Turnastone like this:

TURNASTONE, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 6¾ miles NNW of Pentrilas r. station, and 10 WSW of Hereford. Post town, Peterchurch, under Hereford. Acres, 530. Real property, £682. Pop., 54. Houses, 10. The property belongs to W. S. Wood, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £73. Patron, Mrs. Robinson. The church is old.

Turnastone through time

Turnastone is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Turnastone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Turnastone in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1805

Date accessed: 15th April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Turnastone ".