Place:


Thruxton  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thruxton like this:

THRUXTON, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 2 miles WNW of Tram-Inn r. station, and 6 SW of Hereford. Post town, Hereford. Acres, 437. Real property, £832. Pop., 65. Houses, 13. The living is a rectory, united with Kingston, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £300.* Patron, the Bishop of H. The church is old. Charities, £19.

Thruxton through time

Thruxton is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thruxton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thruxton in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1804

Date accessed: 15th April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thruxton ".