Place:


Bulkworthy  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bulkworthy like this:

BULKWORTHY, a parish in Bideford district, Devon; on the river Torridge, 7 miles SW by W of Great Torrington, and 9 SSW of Bideford r. station. Post Town, Buckland-Brewer, under Bideford. Acres, 1,115. Real property, £613. Pop., 128. Houses, 28. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the family of Rolle. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Buckland-Brewer, in the diocese of Exeter. The church was built by Lord Chief Justice Hackford.

Bulkworthy through time

Bulkworthy is now part of Torridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Torridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bulkworthy itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bulkworthy, in Torridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1764

Date accessed: 13th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bulkworthy ".