Place:


Beeston  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beeston like this:

BEESTON, or Beeston-next-Litcham, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; 2 miles N of Fransham r. station, and 6½ NE of Swaffham. It includes Little Bittering; and its Post Town is Great Dunham, under Swaffham. Acres, 2,073. Real property, £4,491. Pop., 645. Houses, 140. The property is much subdivided. Beeston Hall is the seat of the Rev.B. Barnwell. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £450.* Patron, the Rev.B. Barnwell. The church is very good, and has a conspicuous tower and spire. Charities, £61.

Beeston through time

Beeston is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beeston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beeston, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1737

Date accessed: 29th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Beeston ".