Place:


Fersfield  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fersfield like this:

FERSFIELD, a parish in Guiltcross district, Norfolk; 2¼ miles N of the river Waveney and the boundary with Suffolk, 4 WNW of Diss, and 5 WNW of Diss r. station. Post town, Kenninghall, under Thetford. Acres, 1, 386. Real property, £2, 182. Pop., 295. Houses, 63. The manor belongs to the Duke of Norfolk. The land was nearly all covered with wood in the time of Edward III. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £400.* Patron, Charles S. M. Kyrle, Esq. The church is ancient, and has a tower.

Fersfield through time

Fersfield is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fersfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fersfield in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1733

Date accessed: 27th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fersfield ".