Place:


Carleton St Peter  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Carleton St Peter like this:

CARLETON-ST. PETER, a parish in Loddon district, Norfolk; near the river Yare; 3 miles NNW of Loddon, and 3½ SW by S of Buckenham r. station. Post Town, Loddon, under Norwich. Acres, 772. Real property, £1,159. Pop., 79. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Ashby, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £294. Patrons, Sir W. B. Proctor and SirH. Rich, Barts. The church is good.

Carleton St Peter through time

Carleton St Peter is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Carleton St Peter itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Carleton St Peter in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1715

Date accessed: 12th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Carleton St Peter".