Place:


Pitsligo  Aberdeenshire

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Pitsligo like this:

Pitsligo, New, town, Tyrie par., and quoad sacra par., partly also in Aberdour, New Deer, and Strichen pars., N. Aberdeenshire - quoad sacra par., pop. 2964; town, 4 miles W. of Strichen ry. sta. and 11 miles SW. of Fraserburgh, pop. 2056; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank; has mfrs. of bobbin-lace, and in the neighbourhood are extensive granite quarries.

Pitsligo through time

Pitsligo is now part of Aberdeenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aberdeenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pitsligo itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pitsligo in Aberdeenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/17035

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pitsligo ".